Re: 20000911: UNL Sun Enterprise 450 cost (cont.)

Tom,

Here's a copy of our quote.  The line items reflect special prices
Sun was offering at the time to educational customers.  In addition,
there was a further 50% discount (Sales Allowance Request, in Sun
jargon) that was applied because we purchased at least 10 workstations
for our lab.

Happy negotiating!
Clint

>Sorry to take so long to get back to you, but I have been struggling to
>get folks upgraded to the latest ldm-mcidas release before I turn off
>the delta-encoded images on Friday.

Since you've been working so hard on this, how about sending me the pqact
entries you've set up (I'm being lazy -- I haven't bothered to try to get
the png images yet.  But I have updated software and grabbed those
derived products starting right when they came out!)

>We are making a run at Sun to give us great deals on "big" servers that
>we can install around the country.  You will be learning a lot more about
>this at upcoming User Comm meetings.

I'll be interested in hearing about this

>Yea, but they are really trying to increase their market share especially
>in light of the inroads that Linux boxes are having.

True enough.  Hopefully you can convince them to treat Unidata customers
nicely!

>OK, when it is up and running, and when you have caught your breath, then
>we can revisit the GINI image access we talked about when you were in town
>last.

Okay.  Just got quote on new power circuit yesterday.  Still no graphics card.

Take care,
Clint

Clinton M. Rowe
Associate Professor
Meteorology/Climatology Program                  phone:(402)472-1946
Department of Geosciences                          fax:(402)472-4917
University of Nebraska-Lincoln                        address@hidden