19990615: Solaris install

Tony-

The SCSI board (Adaptec 2940U2W) in your machine is not supported under
Solaris 7 right out of the box.  You need to download a patch and a new
Device Configuration Assistant diskette.  You can get instructions on
doing this at:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=patches/pub-Solaris_x86_Intel_Drivers&nav=pub-patches

in the README for the "SunOS 5.7_x86: cadp, add Ultra2 SCSI support" entry.
Mike thinks it's the SCSI controller that is hanging you up.  The
video card is another story.  It is not on the list of supported chipsets.
It might work, but then again it might not.   I'm sure your systems
people will trade you for one that will.

If you are game, try downloading and installing the patch and see where
that gets you.  We'll keep Thursday open if need be.

Don