19990222: mclap mount problem

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

Tony-

>Thanks, Don.  Yes, it's working fine, and I didn't mean to say that the
>boot-up messages were error messages.  It's just that, now that pcmcia
>starts first, there are lots more messages pertaining to it starting that
>were not there before.

Whew, info messages I like!

>But here's another wierd one.  NWX works fine on mclap - but only the
>first time I run it.  By this I mean when I first run it after booting
>the machine, it brings up the correct files.  If I exit NWX or NTL, and
>start it again (not re-boot, just restart the program), it doesn't find
>any files ?

I think this still has something to do with the date being in GMT.
I just logged on to mclap and the time was 22GMT.  I'm not sure
why it would work when you first boot and not after a while, but
here's something to try.  Open a root window and run control-panel.
Select the date/time icon, change the date and select the set system
clock.  Then reboot.  Run the command 'date' from the command line
and see if it is the correct MST date.

>I heard from NSF that they are now shooting for 1 March for their decision
>deadline.  Are we talking Pentium III's ?

Probably not, but it could bump you up to a 450 MHz Pentium II. ;-)

Let me know what happens with the date changing.

Don