[netCDFJava #HTH-223312]: NetCDF artifacts: Ant build issues

Hi Sebastien,

On Thursday, we made a DNS switch for artifacts.unidata.ucar.edu. It used to
point to a server running Nexus Repository Manager v2.14. Now it points to a
server running v3.6. I made a post about it on the netcdf-java and thredds
mailing lists [1]. I tried to minimize breakage of downstream builds, but you
may have experienced some depending on the repos you were using. Going forward,
we recommend that users of our Maven artifacts grab them from "unidata-all"
repository [2].

That said, it looks like your ant build is failing because it can't find
"ome:formats-gpl:jar:5.7.2-SNAPSHOT". I don't believe we ever hosted that
artifact. You may have other problems than our Nexus server.

Cheers,
Christian

[2]
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/netcdf-java/reference/BuildDependencies.html

> Good afternoon,
>
> since last Friday, we have been experiencing issues building our
> Java-based Bio-Formats library which consumes the NetCDF artifacts from
>
> https://artifacts.unidata.ucar.edu/
>
> The issues are happening when retrieving dependencies using our Ant-based
> build system. POMs not existing in unidata-releases now return 301 return
> codes which abort the build (see [1] for a failure example). Maven builds
> of the same components are passing as expected.
>
> While we are trying to work around these build issues on our side [2],
> are there changes at the level of Unidata artifacts repository we should
> be aware of?
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastien Besson
>
> [1] https://ci.openmicroscopy.org/job/BIOFORMATS-DEV-merge-build/813/console