[netCDF #OCK-672813]: Question about release of netcdf-c 4.5.0

Hello!

Thank you very much for the kind words; it is rewarding to be able to provide
and support a tool which has proven so broadly useful.  I'm so glad to hear
you'll be using it for additional products in the future!

I can confirm that the pull request you referenced (316) has been applied to
the development branch, and is present in the 4.5.0 release.  As far as time
frames go, I created and published the full 4.5.0 release moments ago; you can
find it at https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases/v4.5.0.

Thanks again for your kind words and your support; if you discover that this or
any other issue persists, please don't hesitate to reach out so that we can
address it.

Have a fantastic day,

-Ward

> Dear NetCDf team!
>
> First, many thanks for this great library which eases the life of anyone
> storing scientific data. We are using it for the Sentinel-5 Precursor
> level 2 data, and much more in the future.
>
> Before Sentinel-5 Precursor goes operational (April 2018), we want to
> upgrade our data processor to the newest netCDF4 library, so we can
> in turn also use the newest HDF5 lib (1.10).
>
> With the announcement that netCDF 4.4.1 copes well and everything using
> any version of netCDF4 or HDF5 can read the created products is very
> promising that with the upcoming netCDF 4.5 we can have a good initial
> state for the 7 years mission lifetime.
>
> We just stumbled about a small bug, netCDF 4.4.1 creating attributes
> as UST8 strings which h5py can't read, which was solved here:
> https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/pull/316
>
> This was meant to be resolved for the "4.4.2" release, I suppose it's
> included in the upcoming 4.5.0.
>
> On the other hand, I didn't find it in the release notes.
>
> Can you just confirm the isue is resolved, and maybe also give us
> a timeframe when netCDF4 4.5.0 is supposed to be released?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Walter Zimmer
> --
> German Aerospace Center (DLR)
> Earth Observation Center (EOC) | Oberpfaffenhofen | 82234 Wessling | Germany
>
> Walter Zimmer
> Telefon +49 8153 28-1492 | Telefax -1446 | address@hidden
> http://www.dlr.de/eoc

Ticket ID: OCK-672813