[netCDFJava #GWL-973352]: Replicating data conversion operation from UI version to repeatable script

Hi Austin,

To convert GRIB files to netCDF 3/4 in a scriptable manner, I suggest nccopy:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/netcdf-java/reference/manPages.html#nccopy

Next, if you'd like to remove variables from the result, I recommend using NcML:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/netcdf-java/ncml/Tutorial.html

Run your NcML (which refers to the intermediate NetCDF file you already
created) through nccopy again to produce the final result.

Cheers,
Christian

> Good afternoon,
>
> I have a set of grib2 files that I'd like to convert to netcdf and I've been
> getting acquainted with using the UI version of the netcdf java software.
> I've worked out what options I plan to use and which variables to keep from
> the grib2 files. It appears that the UI only allows one file to be converted
> at a time so I'd like to automate the process for the rest of my files. I am
> sadly not familiar with javascripting but I am comfortable with Matlab and
> python. I couldn't find a guide for translating the UI version into a
> scriptable operation so if one exists I would love to see it. Thank you for
> your help!

Ticket ID: GWL-973352
Department: Support netCDF Java