[netCDF #PCZ-964422]: netcdf fortran - libtool unrecognized option -I

Hello Jeff,

The issue is that the '-I../fortran' flags are being passed to libtool due to
an empty environmental variable, either FC or F77.  When these are set, the
'-I' flags are passed properly to the compiler, instead of libtool. From the
config.log file you provided, it appears that neither are set.  I would try
setting both to gfortran, and then try again with make check.

I hope this helps, let me know if this doesn't fix the issue,

-Ward

> Full Name: Jeff Miller
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: netcdf-fortran-4.4.4
> Operating System: OSX 10.12.6
> Hardware: Macbook pro (intel i7)
> Description of problem: Hi there. I'm trying to compile the netcdf fortran
> libraries using gfortran and hitting an error in make check where the libtool
> is reporting an unrecognized option "-I../fortran"
>
> DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libsrc   -I/Users/jamiller/ncdf//include
> -I../fortran   -I../fortran  -c -o util.o util.F
> make[2]: DHAVE_CONFIG_H: No such file or directory
> make[2]: [util.o] Error 1 (ignored)
> /bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=F77   --mode=link  -I../fortran   -I../fortran
> -L/Users/jamiller/ncdf//lib -o nf_test f03lib_f_interfaces.o test_get.o
> test_put.o nf_error.o nf_test.o test_read.o test_write.o util.o f03lib.o
> ../fortran/libnetcdff.la -lnetcdf
> libtool: link: unrecognized option `-I../fortran'
> libtool: link: Try `libtool --help' for more information.
> make[2]: *** [nf_test] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
> vpn-128-154-224-101:netcdf-fortran-4.4.4 jamiller$ libtool --help
>
> I looked in the past requests threads, and the discussion about the -I didn't
> seem to apply here.
>
> Hope you can help. Thanks!

Ticket ID: PCZ-964422
Department: Support netCDF