[netCDF #GKE-356296]: HDF_TO_NETCDF

Hello,

The warnings you are getting relate to unsupported data types for the netCDF
file, and seem fairly straight-forward.  Because variables in the HDF file are
of types that are unsupported in netCDF, they are being converted to a
different, supported data type.  Regarding the python error, it appears that
the ncfile.variables dictionary doesn't contain a 'Longitude' value.  Are you
certain that the file you are working with contains a Longitude variable?

Thank you,

-Ward

> DEar Sir/Ma'am
>
> I am using NCL with python script for converting MODIS-Terra Level-2 hdf
> file into netcdf. The script is working properly for accessing L2 AOD and
> Clouds product but It's not working with the land surface data file (L3
> 0.05 km CMG) (MOD11C1.A2003060.006.2015184042221.hdf).
>
> I am getting following errors such as
>
> Classic mode NetCDf does not support unsigned integer types: LST_Day_CMG
> will be written as type short
> Classic mode NetCDf does not support unsigned integer types: QC_Day will be
> written as type byte
> Classic mode NetCDf does not support unsigned integer types: Day_view_time
> will be written as type byte
> Classic mode NetCDf does not support unsigned integer types: Day_view_angl
> will be written as type byte
> Classic mode NetCDf does not support unsigned integer types: LST_Night_CMG
> will be written as type short
> Classic mode NetCDf does not support unsigned integer types: QC_Night will
> be written as type byte
>
> And
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/home/kunal/mishra_sir/test_data_st.py", line 88, in <module>
> lonin = ncfile.variables['Longitude'][:]
> KeyError: 'Longitude'
>
> Could you please let me know how can I solve it?
> PLEASE FIND THE ATTACHED PHYTON SCRIPT.
>

> Regards
> Kunal Bali

Ticket ID: GKE-356296