[netCDF #NTU-398056]: NetCDF4Excel question/issue

Hello Caleb,

Unfortunately, `NetCDF4Excel` is not a plugin/software that we have anything to
do with.  Unidata maintains the C, Fortran, C++, Python and Java interfaces
used by software developers to write programs/scripts which can read/write
netCDF data.  I don't have Excel installed on my computer, so I cannot try to
duplicate this issue; and since I have no experience with the plugin, I cannot
even hazard a 'best guess' at this point.

I did a search and it looks like you can request support from the netCDF4excel
plugin here: http://netcdf4excel.github.io/.  Hopefully they will be able to
provide you with some useful guidance; I wish I could provide additional
information, or anything directly useful, but I cannot.

Have a great day, hopefully they will be able to help you in short order; good
luck with your studies!

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> My name is Caleb, and I'm a graduate student with James Cook University -
> Townsville, Australia. I'm working on a project involving lake level data
> (elevation) and climate cycles, and I'm trying to use a climate program out
> of the Netherlands (Climate Explorer). However, this program requires data to
> be in netCDF format, and my internet search has led me to you.
>

> I have a relatively small excel file (102 lines, columns A-M) that I'm trying
> to convert to be able to use for the Climate Explorer program, and it seems
> that I cannot find a way to do it.
>

> I've downloaded and installed the netcdf4excel add-in, but there seems to be
> an issue. To be completely honest, it may be at my end as I'm out of my
> element here, and I'm really hoping to learn something. The issue is that
> when I try to 'Save File' through the netcdf command menu, a message comes up
> stating "Error : Could not find NC_Info sheet". As mentioned, it may be that
> I'm not using your program as designed, since I'm on Windows 10, and the
> latest edition of Excel. But I'm out of options, and thought I would ask. Do
> you have any recommendations that could help me? Is there any help you can
> provide?
>

> Any assistance, advice, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thank you, in advance, and enjoy your day!
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Caleb Puszkiewicz
>
> Bachelor of Geology (Honours student)
>
> James Cook University - Townsville