[netCDF #JSB-714750]: Use netcdf in IDE

Hello,

I'm afraid I have no experience working with the Eclipse IDE, but I can offer
you some general advice.  There should be a place in Eclipse to specify paths
for locating include files; you should make sure this includes the location of
`'netcdf.h`.  You should also be able to specify the location of
shared/external libraries; you should make sure that this includes the location
of the netCDF libraries you installed.  This should be the netCDF-C library at
minimum, and possibly the netCDF-C++ interface.  Once you have specified these
settings in Eclipse, the compiler should properly parse and use the information
contained within the netCDF header file, as well as properly link your program
against the netCDF libraries.

I hope this helps, I'm sorry I can't provide any eclipse-specific information!

Have a great day,

-Ward

> Dear netcdf support manager,
>
> I am a member of CENTEC (a Centre for Marine Technology and Ocean
> Engineering) in Lisbon. I am developing a software for ship weather routing
> and the netcdf libraries developed by unidata would be a significant help in
> dealing with weather data.
> I am working on a Mac OSX, in C++ language and using the Eclipse IDE. I
> followed the instruction for the installation of netcdf libraries from
> command window, but now I am facing the issue of using them in Eclipse
> environment .
> Is there any guideline explaining which are the steps to use netcdf in a IDE?
>
> Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Best regards,
> Roberto Vettor

Ticket ID: JSB-714750