[netCDF #MEI-162758]: NetCDF static library for Windows

Hello,

If you want to install netcdf with NetCDF4/HDF5 support, in a static fashion,
you will need to build a static version of hdf5 (as opposed to the shared
.dll).  If you do not require netCDF4 support, you can disable support for it
at configure time and build a static netcdf with no dependencies.

I'm afraid we don't have a script we can provide; in the past I attempted to
provide scripts but computing environments are so varied I'm afraid it wasn't
practical.

You should be able to build a static hdf5 and link against that when building
netCDF; this should give you the static library with no dependencies that you
are looking for.

I hope this helps,

-Ward

Ticket ID: MEI-162758