[netCDF #NTN-737861]: Install gfortran netcdf in Cygwin

Hello,

I'm afraid the version you are trying to install, netCDF 4.1.3, is quite old
and is no longer supported.  Your best bet may be to try installing the netCDF
libraries (first the C library, and then the Fortran library) from the cygwin
package manager.  If this is not an option (I'm not very familiar with cygwin),
you might download the C and Fortran libraries from the following links and
install them from source; again, you will need to install first the C library
and then the Fortran library.

* https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases
* https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran/releases

I'm sorry this is not an immediate fix, but hopefully it will get you on the
right path.

Have a great day!

-Ward

> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to install gfotran netcdf in cygwin in windows 7
> 64bit but not succeed.
>
> The compiler gfortran I got from https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries
>
> In order to install netcdf I typed:
>
> export CC=gcc
> export CXX=g++
> export FC=gfortran
> export F90=gfortran
>
> ./configure --prefix=/home/libs/netcdf-4.1.3 --disable-netcdf-4
>
> make check install
>
> Then I got the following errors message:
>
> /home/setup/netcdf-4.1.3/liblib/../libdispatch/.libs/libnetcdf2.a: No such
> file or directory
> C:\cygwin64\usr\gfortran\bin\ar.exe: make[1]: *** [libnetcdf.la] Error 9
> make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/cygwin64/home/setup/netcdf-4.1.3/liblib'
>
> I checked to see if the file "libnetcdf2.a" is currently exist or not by
> typing:
>
> ls -l /home/setup/netcdf-4.1.3/liblib/../libdispatch/.libs/libnetcdf2.a
>
> and it shows that it in correct directory:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 None 37790 Dec 16 14:37
> /home/setup/netcdf-4.1.3/liblib/../libdispatch/.libs/libnetcdf2.a
>
> ?I am not sure the issue come from compiler or the netcdf doesn't work well
> with Cygwin.
>
> Could anyone of you help me to figure out?
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
>
> Tuan Nguyen

Ticket ID: NTN-737861