[netCDF #HVD-521050]: NetCDF 4.4.1.1 installation on CentOS 6

Hello Michael,

Thanks for letting me know about this; "configure; make; make check" is
definitely the standard way I suggest things be built, for exactly the reason
you suggest.  I will update the instructions on our end, thank you.

Have a great day!

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to inform you about an issue I encountered during installation
> of NetCDF 4.4.1.1 on CentOS 6.8.
>
> Source: netcdf-4.4.1.1.tar.gz  MD5 checksum
> 503a2d6b6035d116ed53b1d80c811bda
>
> This fails in make check when testing ncgen. Apparently ncdump is used
> in the ncgen test but not yet available.  I fixed it by swapping the
> targets ncgen and ncdump in the Makefile:
>
> 505c505
> < $(NCGEN3) $(NCGEN) $(NCDUMP) \
> ---
> > $(NCDUMP) $(NCGEN3) $(NCGEN) \
>
> The comment in the Makefile says "ncgen must come before ncdump, because
> their tests depend on it" however for me it is the other way around.
>
> Note that I did "configure; make check" as advised in the installation
> instructions. I don't know whether it would have worked with the original
> Makefile when doing "configure; make; make check" instead (as then the
> ncdump binary would have been available before the call to "make check").
>
> Best regards,
> Michael
>
> This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee
> or addressees only.  The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or
> copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted.
> If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and
> delete it from your system.  Emails can be altered and their integrity
> cannot be guaranteed by the sender.

Ticket ID: HVD-521050
Department: Support netCDF