[netCDF #HLI-331719]: parallel netcdf 1.8.0

Hello,

My apologies for the delayed response.  We do not maintain the parallel netCDF
package; we do maintain netCDF, and the currently compatible version of
netCDF-parallel is 1.6.1.  You might contact the parallel-netcdf team for
guidance on using pnetcdf 1.8.0 with the current release of netCDF-C, 4.4.1.1.

I'm sorry I can't provide a more directly useful response, but I hope this
information is useful.

Have a great day,

-Ward

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I'm trying to install parallel netcdf 1.8.0 on my linux system but I get
> the following error while executing make testing command:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/home/ehsan/software/parallel-netcdf
> --with-mpi=/home/ehsan/software/open-mpi
> make
> make testing
>
> and I get:
>
> *** TESTING C   ./nc_test for format CDF-1
> ------ MPI error (MPI_File_open) : MPI_ERR_FILE: invalid file
>
> FAILURE at line 431 of test_ncmpi_abort in test_write.c: expecting
> NC_ENOENT or NC_EFILE but got NC_NOERR
> ### 1 FAILURES TESTING test_ncmpi_abort! Stop ... ###
>
> ./nc_test: expects 0 failures ... fail with 1 mismatches
> make[2]: *** [testing] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ehsan/Downloads/Parallel_Netcdf/parallel-netcdf-1.8.0.pre1/test/nc_test'
> make[1]: *** [check-nc_test] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ehsan/Downloads/Parallel_Netcdf/parallel-netcdf-1.8.0.pre1/test'
> make: *** [testing] Error 2
>
> It will be my pleasure if you help to solve the problem.
>
> Respectfully,
> Ehsan
> --
> Ehsan Sadighrad