[netCDF #DDX-610026]: NetCDF.so: undefined symbol: ncerr

Hello Jason,

The library installed from the netCDF tarball would be `libnetcdf.so`, or some
variation thereof.  Given the difference in naming conventions, plus the
location of the NetCDF.so file (within the perl infrastructure), I suspect the
error is coming from a NetCDF library bundled with perl and *not* the one you
have installed.  I suspect there may be some conflict, perhaps, between the
library you have installed and the NetCDF.so library.  I am not a perl
developer, so I do not know if it is easy to uninstall the 'NetCDF.so' library,
or if you have used a package manager to install it in the first place.  I
would try uninstalling the version of netCDF you installed from the tarball to
rule out a conflict; if this does not solve the issue, perhaps reinstalling the
netcdf perl library will help.  You can find the *deprecated*
source-distribution for netCDF-Perl, as well as some information regarding 3rd
party perl packages for netCDF, at:

* http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf-perl/index.jsp

I hope this helps! Have a great day,

-Ward

> Following the bellow NetCDF installation instructions...
>
> 1) Download NetCDF
> wget https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/archive/v4.4.0.tar.gz
>
> 2) Extract NetCDF tarball
> tar xvf v4.4.0.tar.gz
>
> 3) Install NetCDF
> cd netcdf-c-4.4.0
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>

> I get the following error when trying to reference NetCDF library in a
> Perl script.
>
> --------------
> Can't load '/usr/local/lib64/perl5/auto/NetCDF/NetCDF.so' for module
> NetCDF: /usr/local/lib64/perl5/auto/NetCDF/NetCDF.so: undefined symbol:
> ncerr at /usr/lib64/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 190.
> at ./getNDBCob.pl line 3.
>

> Not sure where to go from here.  Any assistance would certainly be
> appreciated.
>
> -Jason

Ticket ID: DDX-610026
Department: Support netCDF