[netCDFJava #NBT-844482]: problems with add_offset, scale

Heather,

Can you describe what value you're seeing? If I do:

-24 * 0.003333333 + 0.2016667

I get a value of 0.1216667, which is between 0 and 1, so I'm not quite sure
where the problem lies.

Ryan

> I'm attempting to use the toolsUI-4.6.6.jar and ucar.nc2.FileWriter tools
> to convert binary level II data (from NCDC) to netcdf.  The conversion
> works fine and a netcdf file is created, but something is funny about the
> add_offset and scale_factor.  For example, with RhoHV, I have a value of
> -24 at the first grid point.  The scale_factor and add_offset are
> 0.003333333f and 0.2016667f, respectively.
>
> If I apply this function: RhoHV_actual = RhoHV * scale + offset, I don't
> get a value that's between 0 and 1.  I get similarly strange behavior for
> the other dual pol moments.
>
> What am I missing?  Any help is greatly appreciated...
>
> -Heather

Ticket ID: NBT-844482
Department: Support netCDF Java