[netCDF #MNE-528365]: Segmentation Fault

Hello Diarmaid,

I'm not sure what error you are encountering, as I'm able to run the program
you provided without error. I'm testing in linux, but can try to recreate on an
OSX system if need be.  First, however, I wanted to double-check a few things
with you.

What versions of netCDF-C and netCDF-Fotran are you using?  Can you provide the
config.log file for one or both of these installations?  Does 'make check' work
properly, e.g. do the built-in tests work for you?  Also, what version of HDF5
are you using?

This information should help me figure out what's going on, or if it's at least
something dependent on your system.  In the meantime, I will attempt to
recreate this on OSX.

-Ward

> Hi
>
> I am trying to use netCDF to store large sequenced data, which is
> large datasets (think 1000 x 1,000,000 x2 = 2,000,000,000 records
> or larger).   When I try to write this to a variable in netCDF (using
> the HDF5 interface) I get a segmentation fault.   When I try to write
> it using the 64bit classic netCDF I get a error of  "NetCDF: One or more
> variable sizes violate form= at constraints".
>
> Is my array just too big? And if it is, is it filesystem dependant?
> (I am on Mac El Capitan).
>
> I've attached my program so you can see if you can reproduce the error.
>
> Thanks for your help
> Diarmaid

Ticket ID: MNE-528365
Department: Support netCDF