[netCDF #EOO-961163]: fortran make check error

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure why this would be happening; is this new behavior after setting
the F77 environmental variable, or a continuation of the existing issue?  Is
there a new set of config.log/make.out/etc files to look at, or are they the
same?  If there are new ones, would you mind providing them and I'll take a
look to sort out what's going on?  If not, what happens if you try setting F77?

Looking at the `Makefile.am` file in the fortran/ directory, it appears that
the files in `libsrc/` are only used if `BUILD_F03` is not defined.  I'm not
completely certain, but I believe that this is because the `libsrc` directory
provides code for interfacing with the C library via `cfortran.h`.  On systems
that are F03 compliant, there is a different infrastructure in place that is
contained within the `fortran/` directory.

My apologies for the vague answer, but I'm uncertain of where we're currently
at with the F77 variable, and also because I'm not primarily a fortran
developer.

I hope this helps,

-Ward

Ticket ID: EOO-961163