[netCDF #KEO-214252]: Using netCDF in windows with visual studio 2013

Hello Augie,

Adding the .lib file, as you've done, should be sufficient.  Note that you've
installed the 64-bit version of the library; is it possible you're using the
32-bit option when compiling? That would result in this issue.  Beyond that,
I'm afraid I don't really have any ideas; the netcdf.lib provides the symbols
that Visual Studio is complaining about not finding.  I would also double-check
that it is in fact set to link against the library.

I'm sorry I can't provide a more helpful answer; this seems like a very
straightforward issue.  The linker is not seeing the library import file,
netcdf.lib, but since you've set it properly the only thing I can think of is a
compiler/library version mismatch.

I hope this information is of some use,

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I have followed the netCDF4.4.0-NC4-64.exe to install the netCDF SDK on my
> development system. I'm trying to compile and link the simple_xy_wr.c with
> Visual Studio 2013. I get the following errors while compiling:
>
> simplexy.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _nc_enddef
> referenced in function _main
>
> simplexy.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _nc_close
> referenced in function _main
>
> simplexy.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _nc_def_dim
> referenced in function _main
>
> simplexy.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _nc_def_var
> referenced in function _main
>
> simplexy.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _nc_put_var_int
> referenced in function _main
>
> In the linker input I have added c:\Program Files\netCDF
> 4.4.0\lib\netcdf.lib file. What I'm missing and how do I fix this issue?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Agostinho Henriques
>

> Company Banner
>
> Sr. Software Engineer
>
> Science Engineering Associates, Inc.
>
> 65 Industrial Park Road West / P.O. Box 10
>
> Tolland CT, 06084
>
> Phone: (860) 454-7701
>
> Fax: (860) 454-7364
>
> <http://www.scieng.com/> www.scieng.com