[netCDF #ZVJ-630637]: Using netcdf in R

Hello,

I'm afraid we don't provide or maintain the R interface for netCDF.  If you
check the ncdf4 package documentation, it should provide information regarding
the maintainer.  I believe it also provides a tutorial which can show you how
to open files using ncdf.

The ncdump utility is not an R-specific thing; it is a command-line utility for
reading netCDF files.  You would invoke it from the command line as follows:

    $ ncdump [filename]

This will print the netCDF file information.

I hope this helps!

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I am having some problems with netcdf files from
> (http://gmao.gsfc.nasa.gov/reanalysis/MERRA-2/) and R, and I figured out that
> you may have a direct solution to them.
>
> I have been trying to ncdump netcdf files in R but I cannot get it work - I
> am really starting in programming.
>
> Would you have at hand the steps that I should take to open netcdf files in
> RStudio, Version 0.99.451?
>
> Say installation of NetCDF and netcdf4 packages (already done so but when
> running ncdump gives an error), and how the interface is RStudio should look
> like? Say:
>
> install.packages("ncdf4")
> library(ncdf4)
> setwd(“~/path to my file")