[netCDF #RQS-982871]: Inquiry for an older netCDF-C release

Hello,

We do not maintain an archive of installers for previous netCDF libraries;
however, I am currently compiling them and will put them in the 'old/'
directory when finished, assuming there is no problem.  You should be able to
install them then.

I'm curious, what were the issues with 4.4.0 that you encountered?  NetCDF
4.4.0 contains fixes for known issues in 4.3.2 and 4.3.3 that related to large
file support (amongst other things).  It would be best to work with the latest
versions of the libraries, if at all possible; I'd be happy to help resolve any
issues with the most recent version (4.4.0).  Additionally, I'm preparing the
`4.4.1` release, and if there are outstanding problems I'd love to get them
fixed.

Please allow 30 minutes from the time of this message for the compilation to
finish, and then check the `old/` url you supplied; you should find the .exe
installer files there.  I will contact you if a problem should arise which
prevents this.

Thank you, have a great day,

-Ward

> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> Within the project "Programming with Big Data in R" (pbdR) the data
> format NetCDF is used and one of the pbdR-tutorials indicates to the
> NetCDF-C Libraries in a Windows environment according to the old release
> NetCDF-C 4.3.2.
>
> But on your homepage is already the release 4.4.0 - so I installed this
> newer version. Sadly, in my opinion, there are occurring problems with
> respect to my demands to pbdR, so that I now want to install the older
> release 4.3.2.
>
> On ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/old I found a proper zip file,
> but the file netCDF4.3.2-NC4-64.exe isn't (explicitly) contained.
>
> Could you please send me the file netCDF4.3.2-NC4-64.exe for Windows?
>
> I look forward to hearing from you soon and many thanks in advance for
> your support.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
>
> Tobias Kuhl
>
> HYDAC DRIVE CENTER GMBH