[netCDF #ENK-348618]: make check failure

Hello Babis,

It appears that the issue is with the hdf5 library being unable to open the
file 'c0.nc'.  It is possible that the version of hdf5 installed by homebrew is
not configured as netCDF would need it to be.  For example, do you know if
homebrew installs the libhdf5_hl library? That is the high-level access
interface, upon which netCDF depends.

I might suggest building libhdf5 from source and seeing if that solves the
issue; if it does, we know it is something with the homebrew version.  If it
does not, then that would suggest it is an issue with netcdf.

I'm sorry I can't provide a more helpful response; let me know if using a
version of hdf5 that you've built yourself works.

-Ward

> Hello there,
>
> I just send you the `ncdump/test-suite.log` (see attached file) corresponding
> to the `make check’ execution in my system, which failed in 2 out of the 40
> tests. Hope that helps you with the building process.
>
> My system is a Mac OS X 10.10.5 running Xcode 6.3.1. The HDF5 library has
> been installed by homebrew. Details follow.
> homebrew/science/hdf5: stable 1.8.15 (bottled)
> File format designed to store large amounts of data
> http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5
> /usr/local/Cellar/hdf5/1.8.15 (175 files, 11M) *
> Poured from bottle
> From: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-science/blob/master/hdf5.rb
>
> Cheers,
> Babis