[netCDF #KSX-913046]: netcdf4 in Win7 IVF

Hello Pascal,

Starting with netCDF 4.2, the fortran and C++ interfaces were separated out
from the C library.  They may be downloaded from the Unidata GitHub repository
at http://www.github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran and
http://www.github.com/Unidata/netcdf-cxx4.

We are still working on an official solution for providing a modern
netcdf-fortran on Windows; the first step, Cmake integration, is complete.  It
is our understanding that members of our community have been able to use
'cmake' to build Windows-compatible libraries; however, we are still going
through the process of codifying this our self.  Until we can make the Fortran
libraries available (as we currently do for the C libraries, available for
download from http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/winbin.html),
your best bet will be to try building the Fortran libraries using the 'cmake'
tool, available from http://www.cmake.org.

I'm sorry that I can't provide a more positive response,

-Ward

> Dear all,
>
> We are using netcdf in fortran codes since many years in Windows XP and
> 7 up to version 3.6.
>
> We are now obliged to upgrade to the version 4 (4.2) and find no way to
> compile and execute the new version in Windows 7 Intel Visual fortran
> (Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 Update 9 Integration for Microsoft
> Visual Studio* 2010)
>
> We try many things without any success.
>
> I find here that someone found a solution but the referenced link is
> dead:
>
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg12887.html
>
> Are you informed about other persons who find a solution or can you send
> me the complete mail address (yhm@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:yhm@DOMAIN.HIDDEN>
> ) in order to contact Yan?
>
> The best way is to obtain a complete IVF solution with code and
> compilations parameters included because there is many possibilities.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Pascal
>
> IRSN/PRP-ENV/SERIS/LRC
> Laboratoire de Radioécologie de Cherbourg-Octeville
> rue Max Pol Fouchet BP 10
> 50130 Cherbourg-Octeville
> Tél : (33) 02 33 01 41 05
> Fax : (33) 02 33 01 41 30