[netCDF #QTB-782234]: problem about make check install netCDF for I/O parallel support

Hello,

I'm afraid I'm not going to be as much help as I'd like with this; I don't have
access to a machine where I can recreate this issue, and I am not an MPI
expert.  Are you able to confirm that the cause is not one of the two reasons
it lists, e.g. is `mpd` running and was it started with a console (-n) option?

If this is the case, I'm afraid I can't think of another reason why such a
specific error would be given.  If mpd is not running, or was started
incorrectly, this might be an issue your systems administrator will need to
address; I'm afraid I can't say for certain as I'm  unfamiliar with mpd.

I'm very sorry that I can't be more help,

-Ward

> Hi,
>
> I would like to build netCDF for I/O parallel support, I follow the
> instruction on
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/build_parallel.html,
> but come across the following problem.

> netCDF 4.3.3.1: nc_test4/test-suite.log
>
> # TOTAL: 56
> # PASS:  55
> # SKIP:  0
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  1
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
>
> .. contents:: :depth: 2
>
> FAIL: run_par_test.sh
> =====================
>

> Testing MPI parallel I/O without netCDF...
> mpiexec_xx-virtual-machine: cannot connect to local mpd
> (/tmp/mpd2.console_xx); possible causes:
> 1. no mpd is running on this host
> 2. an mpd is running but was started without a "console" (-n option)
>

> I have checked above two points, but  have no idea to solve this yet, could
> you please help me with this? I would appreciate it!
>
> Thanks,
> Qiwei

Ticket ID: QTB-782234
Department: Support netCDF