[netCDF #ELI-872519]: netcdf-fortran-4.2

Hi Taran,

From the configure output you sent in the configure.log attachment, it appears
that the configure script accepted your ifort specification for the Fortran
compiler,
which you can see by grepping for "ifort" in that file. Another way to check is
look at the output from "make" or "make check" to see what compiler is actually
being used to compile the library sources. If it's definitely "gfortran" rather
than
"ifort", please send us the "config.log" created by the configure script (not
the
"configure.log" file you generated by redirecting the output of configure) for
further diagnosis.

Also, is the NETCDF.mod file you are looking at from the
/usr/local/netcdf_ifort/
directory, and does it have approximately the same creation time as when
you ran "make install"? If not, you may be looking at a different netcdf.mod or
not have specified -I/usr/local/netcdf_ifort_include when compiling Fortran
applications with the newly installed library.

Finally, when we build with gfortran, the resulting netcdf.mod (it's all lower
case
when created by gfortran) file doesn't have a header such as the one you sent,
which makes me thin that maybe the compiler that creates that NETCDF.mod
file is derived from gfortran but may be part of ifort?

--Russ

> I am trying to build the netcdf-fortran-4.2 on my local machine. I earlier
> had a gfortran compiler and now recently installed an ifort compiler. When
> i try to configure netcdf-fortran with my ifort compiler, it still reverts
> back to gfortran compiler. I am using this command to configure :
>
> sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/netcdf_ifort FC=ifort F90=ifort
> F77=ifort CC=gcc --enable-shared 2>&1 | tee configure.log
>
> I am also attaching the "configure.log". If you check inside the file on
> line, it still uses the GNU compiler. After doing a "make" and "make
> install", the resulting "netcdf.mod" shows that I used "gfortran". I am
> attaching the file as well.
>
> I am not sure why it is not getting configured with ifort when I specify
> the flags to use ifort.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> Taran