[netCDF #MAN-367636]: netCDF-4 file grows enormous when dimension set to unlimited

Hello Margaret,

In regards to the first question, I wonder if the issue is the variables along
this dimension have default fill values set; if so , this may explain the
explosion in file size.  Would it be possible to get a copy of the netCDF file
to play around with? Also, what version of netCDF are you working with?

In regards to your second question; it sounds like there is either a bug in
nccopy that makes it think you are using or perhaps the file is using some
small part of the enhanced model?  That is just a guess; if you can provide the
original 192k file, I will figure out why nccopy is giving this error.

Thanks in advance, have a great day,

-Ward

Ticket ID: MAN-367636
Department: Support netCDF