[netCDF #MYV-350714]: Help Regarding Netcdf-4.0.1

Hi Amit,

The 4.0.1 version of netCDF, from March 2009, is no longer supported. We
recommend
that you use a more recent release, preferably the current netCDF-C 4.3.3.1
release
and the current netCDF-Fortran 4.4.2 release, both available from:

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/

You may even be able to download a pre-built release from a repository if you
have a
commonly used platform.

Instructions for building netCDF-C and netCDF-Fortran are available here:

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html

We test our builds with gfortran, but other users have reported building
successfully
with ifort as well. The error messages you got from "make check" with the Intel
compiler don't appear to be related to netCDF, but instead seem to indicate a
configuration problem. Similarly the gfortran "make check" errors seem to
indicate
a problem with the gfortran run-time library or compiler installation.

--Russ

> While configure/make/make check I am getting the following error. kindly
> help me to fix the problem and tell me how can I solve this problem.
>
> If I am using
>
> ./configure FC=gfortran F77=gfortran F90=gfortran CXX=g++
> --prefix=/home/hlekhadiya/GUEST/netcdf
>
> I am getting error after make check.I am attaching three files of output
> with this mail (configure, make, make_check).
>
> If I am using
>
> ./configure FC=ifort F77=ifort F90=ifort CC=icc
> --prefix=/home/hlekhadiya/GUEST/netcdf
>
> I am also getting error after make check. I am also attaching three files
> of output with this mail(configure_2, make_2, make_check_2).
>
> I may be failing in adding FCFLAGS/CPPFLAGS/CCFLAGS etc. but as I don't
> know whether to use GNU fortran or Intel fortran I am unable to solve this
> problem.
>
> May be I am asking small or big question but as I am new to atmospheric
> modeling I am feeling helpless.
>
> Thanking you in Advance
>

> --
>
> Dr. Amitkumar D. Patel
> Assistant Professor in Mathematics,
> Dr S. & S.S. Gandhi Government Engineering College,
> Majura Gate, Surat - 395001,
> Gujarat, INDIA.
> E-Mail:- address@hidden
> Mob No:-097243 09410