[netCDF #SPN-205342]: Netcdf with ifort

> Ward & Russ - thanks for the response. By the way I rather not trouble you
> given your schedule. May I please know why I cannot access the mailing
> lists ? If I can exchange views with other experienced NETCDF Fortran
> developers that would be completely adequate.

I think access to the netcdfgroup mailing list is working again.  Please try

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdfgroup/index.html

and let us know if you still have problems accessing it.

> Russ - unfortunately that file is 157 mega bytes. Yes I can view it with
> ncdump all right. I can give you the location of the source files and how
> to build it(it is available on net) It does not dump the core file to disk.
> So therefore I cannot load it into gdb. Yes I can view other netcdf files
> without a coredump.
>
> Here is a sample of the error message I get -
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> * def_anomaly                                           *
> forrtl: severe (24): end-of-file during read, unit 10, file
> /home/aswin/potentialVorticity/data/inp/fort.10

To reproduce and diagnose the problem, we need either a small example
file or a small program that demonstrates the problem. The error message
about a segmentation fault in a program external to the netCDF library is
not sufficient.

Thanks.

--Russ

Ticket ID: SPN-205342