[netCDF #XGO-377487]: problem building netcdf-4.3.3.1

Hello,

There are several reasons this may be happening.  Depending on where you
installed libhdf5, `configure` may not be able to locate it.   You would
correct this using the LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS environmental variables.  For
example:

    $ LDFLAGS=-L/custom/install/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/custom/install/include
./configure

Note that, depending on your system, you may also need to modify your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH at runtime, or else the program may fail when it cannot find
the libraries.

If this is not enough information, please let me know.  I'll need to know where
you installed the hdf5 libraries, and if you can provide the config.log file
generated when you configure netcdf, that would help too.

Thank you,

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I have already installed the hdf5-1.8.15-patch1 and the hdf-4-2.11
> successfully.
>
> I am now trying to install netcdf-4.3.3.1, but the configuration fails
> while checking for library containing H5Fflush. It complains that it can't
> find or link to the hdf5 library. The lines look like this:
>
> checking for library containing H5Fflush... no
> configure: error: Can't find or link to the hdf5 library. Use
> --disable-netcdf-4, or see config.log for errors.
>
> I need to enable the netcdf-4 feature. How can I get past this problem?
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Jae-Min

Ticket ID: XGO-377487