[netCDF #SPN-205342]: Netcdf with ifort

Hello Ashwin,

Are you able to load the generated core file into gdb? If so, that may provide
some information about what is crashing and where.

Besides this, answering the following questions may help narrow down what is
going on:

1. Can you open other netcdf files without a core dump?
2. Can you read this file with the `ncdump` command-line command, or other
netCDF-aware programs?

It sounds like the file may be corrupt, but we should be able to figure that
out.  If the file is relatively small, can you provide a copy of it for me to
look at?

-Ward

Also, appending data to an existing netCDF file is possible. Adding data to an
existing variable requires that the variable have an "unlimited" dimension, and
that the data be added along that dimension. Appending new metadata or
additional new variables can be significantly more efficient with a netCDF-4
file.

--Russ

Ticket ID: SPN-205342
Department: Support netCDF