[netCDF #LHO-275109]: Can't find or link to the z library

Hi Tao,

> Package Version: netcdf-4.3.3.1
> Operating System: Ubuntu
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: When I run "./configure --prefix=/usr/local",
> it turns out that "configure: error: Can't find or link to the z library.
> Turn off netCDF-4 and      opendap with --disable-netcdf-4 --disable-dap, or
> see config.log for errors."
> I don't want to use the options of --disable-netcdf-4 --disable-dap,
> how can solve this configure problem to install netcdf on Ubuntu system.

Use the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS environment variables to specify where zlib is
installed,
or if it isn't installed yet, download and install it. Details of how to use
CPPFLAGS and
LDFLAGS to do this are here, with examples:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html#building

Note especially the use of the ZDIR shell variable to indicate where zlib is
installed.

--Russ

Ticket ID: LHO-275109
Department: Support netCDF