[netCDF #EAS-901087]: Problems of make check before installation on linux

Hi,

> I am trying to solve the problems of "make check".
> As you can see in the following error msg,
> when the libtool is trying to link libnetcdff.so,
> it cannot find the reference of "nc_inq_path"
>
> Do I miss to set up the library path in the environment?
> Thanks for your reading.
> I also attach my ./configure in the request.

I didn't see any attachment with your email, but I think the
problem may be that you didn't install the netCDF C library
before trying to install the netCDF Fortran library.

Please follow the installation instructions here to first install
the netCDF-C library:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html

then follow these instructions for installing the netCDF Fortran
library:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html

The latest netCDF Fortran release, netcdf-fortran-4.4.2, is available here:

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/

If you have problems with building either package, please send the config.log
file generated by running the configure script, or the output from cmake, if
you use that method.

--Russ

Ticket ID: EAS-901087
Department: Support netCDF