[netCDF #ORW-223042]: NetCDF Install Errors

Hello Rachael,

This is a known issue with older versions of netCDF on OSX; my main development
platform is OSX, and I encounter the same issue.  At some point there was an
update to XCode which broke the build system for netCDF 4.2.1.

Rather than going back to update our older netCDF releases, we suggest that our
users upgrade to a modern netCDF release; the current version is 4.3.3.1, and
may be downloaded from our GitHub repository at
http://www.github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c.

Regarding Repast HPC, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that package or the
install.sh script it provides.  If you encounter issues getting the latest
netcdf-c installed, I will be happy to do my best to help you get it working.

I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Full Name: Rachael Affenit
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.2.1
> Operating System: Mac OSX Mavericks
> Hardware: Mid-2009 MacBook Pro
> Description of problem: I am trying to install NetCDF in order to use it with
> Repast HPC. I have been using the install.sh script included with this
> package, which has correctly installed the other programs it needs to run,
> but I seem to be enountering errors with XCode files? I would appreciate any
> insight you can provide as to how to fix these errors.

Ticket ID: ORW-223042
Department: Support netCDF