[netCDF #USB-983787]: Issues installing netcdf-fortran after netcdf-C

Hi Ian,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.
> I’ve posted this on the NetCDF users forum but no joy yet, and I’m pushed for
> time - so apologies for possibly duplicating the request!
>
> As a result of NCAR changing to HDF5 I’ve been trying to upgrade my NetCDF
> libraries. I’m on a Power Mac running OS X 10.10.2. I usually have NetCDF-C
> and NetCDF-Fortran installed as I need both.

I can't duplicate your problem unless I first make a mistake that screws up the
"libtool" configuration.
fix the mistake, and then configure and make check.

In particular, here is a sequence of commands that demonstrates the problem:

   $ CPPFLAGS=-I${NCDIR}/include LDFLAGS=-L{NCDIR}/lib ./configure
--prefix=${NFDIR}
   $ make check  # gets an error because should have been LDFLAGS=-L${NCDIR}/lib
   $ CPPFLAGS=-I${NCDIR}/include LDFLAGS=-L${NCDIR}/lib ./configure
--prefix=${NFDIR}
   $ make check  # gets the error you see

If you just run "make distclean" after the first error that apparently results
in a misconfigured
libtool, then rerun configure and make check, everything works fine.  The hint
of what was wrong
was in the "make check" output you sent, which had lots of error from "libtool"
in the output before
the error you reported.

Please let us know if running a "make distclean" before the configure, or just
starting over
from a fresh distribution doesn't fix the problem.

--Russ

Ticket ID: USB-983787
Department: Support netCDF