[netCDF #QVM-188363]: make check with netcdf fortran

Hi Steve,

> Full Name: steve kirby
> Package Version: 4.4.2 (Fortran)
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hi,
>
> First I compiled netcdf-c-4.3.3.1 aok.
>
> Next, I compiled netcdf-4.4.2 (fortran) using
> CPPFLAGS=-I/home/skirby/NETCDF4331/include for the configure.  "make"
> reported no errors. But "make check" is spitting out things like:
> ../fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.so: undefined reference to `nc_put_vara_short'
> ../fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.so: undefined reference to `nc_get_vara_short'
> etc.
>
> Any suggestions?

In addition to CPPFLAGS, you also need LDFLAGS set to point to the location
of the installed netCDF C library, for example
LDFLAGS=-Lhome/skirby/NETCDF4331/lib for the configure script. Also, under
some conditions you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to specify the lib directory.
For details, see the netCDF Fortran installation document:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: QVM-188363
Department: Support netCDF