[netCDF #DPC-225137]: ncdf error found during installation of Geos-chem model

Hi,

> ... The errors obtained are attached in error_1 screenshot and
> the program was terminated. The 'config.log' file is also attached
> herewith for your reference.

Both the screenshot and the config.log you sent seem to be from
building HDF5-1.8.8 rather than from building netCDF.  For questions
about HDF5 build errors, you will need to seek assistance from the
HDF5 help service, rather than the netCDF developers at Unidata. The
HDF5 help desk is at address@hidden.

Once you get HDF5 built and installed correctly, if you still have problems
building netCDF, we may be able to help.

You are trying to build an old version of HDF5 (1.8.8 from March 2012),
so I would suggest first trying to build a more recent version, for example
HDF5-1.8.14, released in November, 2014.

--Russ

Ticket ID: DPC-225137
Department: Support netCDF