[netCDF #CKO-672527]: Netcdf problem with IBM compiler

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not have access to the IBM fortran compiler, so I am
unable to duplicate your issue.  If you provide the config.log generated by
'configure', I can look through it and will do my best to diagnose the issue
based on that alone.

Thank you,

-Ward

> Hello,
> I am Subhajit Kar from India. I am trying to install netcdf-4.2 on Blue Gene
> cluster which has IBM compiler. I set the
> following variables:
>
> setenv CC blrts_xlc
> setenv CPPFLAGS '-D_POSIX_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -D_ALL_SOURCE -DIBMR2Fortran'
> setenv FC blrts_xlf
> setenv F90 blrts_xlf90
> setenv CXX blrts_xlC
> setenv CFLAGS '-qarch=440'
> setenv FFLAGS '-O2 -qarch=440'
> setenv F90FLAGS '$FFLAGS -qsuffix=f=f90'
>
> and try to install it through "./configure
> --prefix=/home/proj/14/esdsubha/bluegene/netcdf_4
> --disable-fortran-type-check". I got the below error-
>
> checking size of short... 0
> checking size of int... 0
> checking size of long... 0
> checking size of float... 0
> checking size of double... 0
> checking size of off_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> I want to use netcdf for my fortran code.
>
> Can you please tell me what is the problem and how to solve it.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Subhajit Kar
>

> --