[netCDF #MKR-854500]: Errors - Testsuite summary for netCDF-Fortran 4.4.1

Trevor,

> Yes I compiled HDF5 with parallel enabled, but I put in few more - here's
> the arguments i provided the configuration script for HDF5:
>
> --enable-parallel --enable-fortran --enable-static --enable-silent-rules
>
> I compiled HDF5 with gcc (mpicc wrapper)
>

> In addition, I successfully compiled (and make check passed ) netcdf C
> using:
> --enable-parallel-tests --disable-shared --enable-netcdf-4
> I compiled netcdf C with gcc (mpicc wrapper)
>

> As far as I can tell, the parallel test passed. I re-ran make check and I
> got a pass for script run_par_test.sh.
>
> When I compile netcd-fortran, I set the following environment variables for
> compiling:
>
> CC=mpicc
> FC=mpif90 ( this is using PGI compiler version)

I noticed what looked like an inconsistency in the version of the
netCDF-C library you are using for building netCDF-Fortran 4.4.1.

You provided some details from the libnetcdf.settings file
installed for netcdf-c-4.3.3-rc2, but it shows:

> > > LDFLAGS:
> > -L/labs/climate/jiminglab2/Trevor/Tools/NetCDF/netcdf-4.3.2-rc2/lib

was the netcdf-4.3.2-rc2 a typo, or where you really using using that
older version of netCDF-C instead of  4.3.3-rc2?  If so, was that
older netCDF-C library built using an HDF5 that had parallel I/O enabled?

Your symptoms seem to point to the use of a netCDF-C library that wasn't
properly built with parallel I/O enabled ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: MKR-854500
Department: Support netCDF