[netCDF #QNW-959324]: netCDF download support

Hi Jorge,

> Excuse me, it's not after the ./configure command, but after I run "make"
> that the error crops up.

First, I'd like to discourage you from using netCDF version 4.0, an
unsupported release that was made available more than 6 years ago.
If you use that release, you will run into problems that we have
fixed in later versions, and we don't have the resources required to
diagnose those already-fixed problems when you request help. If you
want to get an idea of all the improvements and bug fixes since
version 4.0, see over 900 lines of descriptions in the current
RELEASE_NOTES:

  https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md

Instructions for building the current version of the netCDF-C and
netCDF-Fortran libraries are here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html

Second, it would be much easier for you to just use the Ubuntu
packaging system to install the package "libnetcdf-dev", which
has already-built versions of the netCDF C and Fortran libraries.
For example, see any of the following for version 4.1.3:

  http://packages.ubuntu.com/raring/libnetcdf-dev
  http://packages.ubuntu.com/saucy/libnetcdf-dev
  http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libnetcdf-dev

There are no doubt even more recent versions of netCDF built
for Ubuntu, if you look for what's available.

If you have to build and install 4.0, you'll have to send us the
complete config.log file and all the output from running "make",
and we may not be able to diagnose the problem.

--Russ

Ticket ID: QNW-959324
Department: Support netCDF