[netCDFJava #OPT-543434]: BUFR

Greetings Keith,

You can use netCDF-Java to read BUFR files:

NetcdfFile ncfile = NetcdfFile.open("file.bufr");

An example of this being used can be found here:

https://github.com/Unidata/thredds/blob/4.5.4/cdm-test/src/test/java/ucar/nc2/iosp/bufr/TestBufrRead.java

There can be problems if we don't have the BUFR table for your particular BUFR
file. If that happens, please send us a copy of the bufr file and table and we
will
see what we can do.

As for writing BUFR using Java, I am not aware of any library that can do so.

Cheers,

Sean

> Full Name: keith weber
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to find examples of how to read and write BUFR files in Java
> but I'm having a hard time. Would you please let me know where I could
> go to find some examples?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ticket ID: OPT-543434
Department: Support netCDF Java