[netCDFJava #GOT-461367]: reading satellite data in h5 format using netcdf java library

Dear Vinod,

It is our intent that the netCDF-Java library should be able to open
and read any HDF5 dataset. When we come across HDF5 files that our HDF5
implementation doesn't get right, we try to fix the problem. So, if
you could send us (or point us to) one of your HDF5 files, we will
take a look and see if we can figure out why netCDF-Java can't locate
the variables.

Regards,

Ethan

Vinod Kumar Sharma wrote:
> Dear Sir
> I am a new user of netcdf java library working on satellite datasets.
>
> My present assignment include reading of very high resolution
> radiometer data sets in netcdf and HDF 5 format and publishing the
> same of map servers for visualization.
>
> I am able to read the netcdf files using netcdf java librarires
> (netcdfALL-4.3) but unable to read the HDF 5 files. While reading
> the data using netcdffile.find variable, my program is unable to
> locate the variables hence not working.
>
> Could you please share some document or tutorial to deal HDF 5
> formats. I searched alot on internet but unable to find any
> solution.
>
> Thanks for the help extended
>
> --With Regards
> Vinod Kumar Sharma