[netCDF #HPW-940234]: help:opendap downloads file could not be larger than 100MB in Ubuntu 14.0

Hi Liu,

> My name is Liu Hao. I am a newbies in Ubuntu and nco.

At Unidata, we don't develop or maintain NCO that's handled as part of
the NCO project at the University of California at Irvine.  There is an
NCO help forum you can use:

   http://sf.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=9830

and you can also post questions at

   http://sf.net/projects/nco

> Lately, I used nco (opendap) for downloading data from hycom website in
> Ubuntu 14.04. But my output file could not be larger than 100MB.  If it
> was larger than 100MB ,the result is segmentation fault (core dump),
> if it was smaller than 100MB I can output file successfully.Here is a
> simple code I use to determine the output file size:
>
> ncks -O -D 4 http://tds.hycom.org/thredds/dodsC/GLBa0.08/expt_90.6 -d
> X,2549,3574 -d Y,1505,2400 -d MT,1,1 -v v ~/v2.nc

I just tried the above command, using the ncks from NCO version 4.3.1 on a
Linux Fedora platform, and it worked fine to download a 128MB file:

  $ ls -l ~/v2.nc
  -rw-rw-r-- 1 russ ustaff 128711080 Jul 17 14:29 v2.nc

--Russ

Ticket ID: HPW-940234
Department: Support netCDF