[netCDF #JDF-901260]: Fwd: installation error netcdf

Hello Filip,

Thank you for sending this information.  I apologize for initially providing
you the incorrect email address for support.

I have read through your CMakeCache.txt file and compared it against my own,
building on OSX Darwin-13.3.0-x86_64.  I do not see any obvious differences
that would account for this problem. NC_FORMAT_NC3 is defined in netcdf.h,
which would be in your 'test/include' directory.  Can you examine this file and
confirm that NC_FORMAT_NC3 is installed?

I infer that you are using the 'fink' package manager on OSX.  Forgive me if
I'm incorrect, but assuming this is the case, is it possible that fink would
have installed their netcdf package as a dependency for some other program
you've installed? As I recall, netcdf is a dependency for several scientific
software packages provided by fink.  I do not have fink installed on my mac so
I cannot check, but there should be a way to get a list of fink-installed
packages. Can you confirm that it has not installed netcdf?

If you have autotools installed, you can (from your 'test' directory) attempt
to use 'configure' instead of cmake.  You would need to run 'autoreconf -if' to
generate the 'configure' script, which you would then run to generate
makefiles.  If you have the tools available, can you try compiling netcdf this
way?

I am somewhat at a loss of why the compiler would not find NC_FORMAT_NC3 in the
netcdf.h file, assuming the file is there and contains the definition.  For
this reason I still suspect there may be an older netcdf.h *somewhere* on your
system. If it is not, please give the autotools-based build a try.
Alternative, you can check out our latest release as follows:

git clone https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c
cd netcdf-c
git checkout v4.3.2

Our release versions come with the 'configure' script pre-built, so you do not
need to worry about having the tools to generate one.  If you could try this
and let me know if the failure persists, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you very much, have a good day,

-Ward

> Begin doorgestuurd bericht:
>
> > Van: Filip Jorissen <address@hidden>
> > Onderwerp: installation error netcdf
> > Datum: 13 juli 2014 10:08:17 CEST
> > Aan: address@hidden
> >
> > Dear Ward,
> >
> > I send you this email upon your request on
> > https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/issues/70#issuecomment-48800273
> >
> > The commands I ran were:
> >
> > mkdir test
> > cd test
> > git clone address@hidden:Unidata/netcdf-c.git ./
> > cmake ./
> > make
> >
> > CMakeCache.txt is attached. I also attached the end of the terminal output.
> >
> > Please let me know if you would like me to try something!
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Filip

Ticket ID: JDF-901260
Department: Support netCDF