[netCDF #QEH-836904]: Error initializing for parallel access

> Full Name: Timothy Stitt
Hi Tim,

> I wrote a fairly simple NETCDF4 C code to read in a collection of ASCII file
> records (composed of 4 strings) and convert it to NETCDF4 format for parallel
> processing.
>
> The code worked fine for my test datasets but when I ran it against a large
> production ASCII file it always fails after 16777187 iterations (record
> writes) of the nc_put_vara_text() routine with the following error:
>
> NetCDF: Error initializing for parallel access (return code -115)
>
> I was wondering therefore if there is a limitation on the #calls to this
> routine, or is there something wrong with my code?

No, there is no such limit.

> I've attached my C code in case that helps you identify a basic usage error
> (although it works perfectly well with smaller record counts).
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice you can give (I sent this question to the
> NETCDF forum but have yet to receive a reply after a day or so).

Unfortunately, your C code is not enough to reproduce the problem for
debugging.  We
would also need an input file, or at least some characterization of how long
the input
lines can be.  Can you write a small C program to create a test input file that
shows the
error.  Probably every line could be the same length, but we have no idea what
that length
should be ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: QEH-836904