[netCDF #VOA-853085]: NetCDF data access and manipulation

Hi Yog,

> I am trying to view and access the NARCCAP climate data following the
> instructions given in the page:
>
> http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/data/ascii-howto.html

Those instructions look out of date, recommending old versions of netCDF
for Windows (from January 2005) when new Windows binaries are available:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/winbin.html

Also, if you only want to convert data from netCDF to text, you might find
better advice from the ansswer to this FAQ:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#converttotext

> I downloaded packages NetCDF and FAN . I extracted the Zip files  given
> in the web site to C:\Windows\System32. But when I tried to open NetCDF
> file in DOS prompt, I got error message  : " you cannot open the file
> because netcdf.dll is not installed in your computer" .

The contributed FAN software is also no longer supported, since its author
retired.  There are many other software packages that provide access to
netCDF data:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/software.html

> How can I fix this ?

It would be good to inform the NARCCAP maintainers that their web site is
recommending out-of-date and unsupported software, when newer working
solutions are available.

--Russ

Ticket ID: VOA-853085
Department: Support netCDF