[netCDF #CLW-542808]: problem with netcdf fortran library

Hello,

> Hi,
>
> I have compiled netcdf-4.2 from source with the PGI compiler (v. 13.6). I
> also built the netcdf fortran library (4.2). One of our users's code breaks
> with the following error:
>
> xvmec2000: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/pppl/pgi/13-pkgs/netcdf-4.2/lib/libnetcdff.so.5:
> undefined symbol: ncopts
>

> I checked the library libnetcdff.so and the symbol "ncopts" is undefined
> (as are many others).
>
> I have tried to rebuild the netcdf and netcdf-fortran libraries without any
> success -- "ncopts" is still undefined.
>
> Is there any workaround?

Can you provide a little more information as to how you are configuring and
compiling the library?  It would appear that it is not linking against
libnetcdf properly.  If you can provide your config.log generated by configure,
I should be able to figure out what is going on.

Thanks, have a great day,

-Ward

> Thank you,
> --