[netCDF #YWU-136197]: 2 errors

Hi Jordi,

> On the other hand, when trying to install a newer version of HDF5 from
> source, I have this problem:
>
> hdf5-1.8.13> sh ./configure
> : not found: 17: ./configure:
> ./configure: 33: ./configure: Syntax error: newline unexpected (expecting
> ")")

That's really a question for address@hidden, but it looks to me as if
you downloaded the "Distribution containing Windows line endings" and tried
to run the configure script on a Unix system.  I just tried running the
configure script from one of the "Distributions containing Unix line endings"
at

  http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/release/obtainsrc.html

and it worked fine.

> So, the question is: what happens if the scalar module doesn't work?

Sorry, we don't have the resources to investigate the answers to questions
like that, but I'm pretty sure it can't be good ... :-)

--Russ

> Hi,
>
> I've been getting 2 errors in the make check:
>
> FAIL: tst_h_scalar
> FAIL: tst_h_scalar.sh
>
> I've found this
> page<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg12368.html>
> explaining
> that is a versions issue, recommending versions 1.8.8 and later. In the APT
> repositories I get this version:
>
> dpkg -s libhdf5-serial-dev
> > Package: libhdf5-serial-dev
> > Section: libdevel
> > Installed-Size: 16347
> > Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <address@hidden>
> > Architecture: amd64
> > Source: hdf5
> > Version: 1.8.4-patch1-3ubuntu2
> > Provides: libhdf5-dev
> > Depends: libhdf5-serial-1.8.4 (= 1.8.4-patch1-3ubuntu2), zlib1g-dev,
> > libjpeg-dev
> > Suggests: libhdf5-doc
> > Conflicts: libhdf5-dev
> > serial version
> >  HDF5 is a file format and library for storing scientific data.
> >  HDF5 was designed and implemented to address the deficiencies of
> >  HDF4.x. It has a more powerful and flexible data model, supports
> >  files larger than 2 GB, and supports parallel I/O.
> >  .
> >  This package contains development files for serial platforms.
> > address@hidden>
> > Homepage: http://hdfgroup.org/HDF5/
>

> On the other hand, when trying to install a newer version of HDF5 from
> source, I have this problem:
>
> hdf5-1.8.13> sh ./configure
> : not found: 17: ./configure:
> ./configure: 33: ./configure: Syntax error: newline unexpected (expecting
> ")")
>
> So, the question is: what happens if the scalar module doesn't work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jordi

Ticket ID: YWU-136197
Department: Support netCDF