[netCDF #TJB-572859]: Trouble with building parallel netcdf

Hi John,

I'm finding a couple of issues in the config.log; thank you very much for
providing it. I apologize in the delay responding to you.

 I had expected to see a line in the config.log telling me that the hdf5
library was found, but could not be linked against due to an unmet downstream
dependency, as is often the case.  However, your config.log indicates that it
simply cannot find a libhdf5 library at all.

As Russ pointed out, the difference between '-I' and '-L' in the LDFLAGS
setting is fairly important.  It appears that it was not corrected for this
configuration attempt; if you search the config.log for
'-I/soft/hdf5/1.8.12-parallel/../lib' you will find that it is still treating
the directory as an include directory, not a link directory.  If you correct
this so that it uses -L, and then confirm in your config.log that it is in fact
using -L, I am hopeful that it will find the hdf5 library.  If it does not,
please send me the new config.log and I will see what new information it
provides.

Thank you, have a good day,

-Ward

> While true I still get the same error on configure with the corrected LDFLAGS.
>
> - JB
>

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Unidata netCDF Support
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Also, I noticed a typo in your environment settings.  You have:

> > which should instead be:
> >
> >     LDFLAGS=-L/soft/hdf5/1.8.12-parallel/intel-13.1/mvapich2-1.9/lib
> >
> > ("-L" instead of "-I")
> >
> > --Russ
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: TJB-572859