[netCDF #QCW-921886]: error while installing netcdf-4.1.1 with HDF5

Hi Pavan,

> I got the following error on $ make check install
> Can YOU PLEASE SUGGEST THE TAGS AND ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES TO BE USED
> WITH CONFIGURE COMMAND FOR SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLING NETCDF-4.1.1
> 1 of 59 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden
> make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pknagar/netcdf-4.1.1/libsrc4'
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pknagar/netcdf-4.1.1/libsrc4'

First, I would suggest that you install a more recent version of the
netCDF C software.

Version 4.1.1 is from April 2010.  The latest released version is
4.3.1.1 from February 2014, from

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/

A more recent release candidate is 4.3.2-rc2, made available on GitHub
earlier this week.

If you decide to build version 4.3.1.1, I recommend you use the configure
option --disable-dap-remote-tests to work around an issue with our test
server that will be fixed in release 4.3.2.

Instructions for building the netCDF C library and then the netCDF Fortran
library (which is now a separate software distribution) can be found here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building.html

If you encounter problems, please send us the "config.log" file produced
by the "configure" script.

--Russ

Ticket ID: QCW-921886
Department: Support netCDF