[netCDF #NKN-156326]: Regarding Netcdf installation

Hi Satya,

> I am want to install Netcdf software to view and dump the data from
> WRF output file to ascii format. So i have installed netcdf-4  from
> this website.
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-4_0/index.jsp

That's an old and unsupported version of netCDF software from 2008.
For serious use of netCDF, we recommend that you build and install
the latest supported release, netCDF-C version 4.3.1.1 for the C
library and netCDF-Fortran version 4.2 for the Fortran library.

> i have installed successfully. but now the problem is how to use the
> netcdf file? Ihave gone so many documents and but im not getting it
> clearly.
>
> i already have fortran in my computer. Again i have to install any
> fortran librairies or supporting files regarding netcdf or no need. If
> so, can you please provide me the link.
>
> can you please provide me the procedure of using netcdf software after
> installation.

For converting netCDF data to ASCII, check these recommendations:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#converttotext

--Russ

Ticket ID: NKN-156326
Department: Support netCDF